Monday, July 20, 2009

National Folk Festival in Butte



Folk Festival in Butte! Really hot, 120,000 people, good food and really really good music. Mom, Patrick and I made the trek out on Saturday July 11 and spent the whole day there. Didn't have a whole lot of opportunity to photograph the performers which is a shame. We did get to visit our favorite bar, a piano jazz bar named Julian's, photograph to be posted later. Some day I will go in when the pianist is in his tux playing classic jazz tunes and get his portrait. That and the bartenders always have so much character and deserve a portrait as well. I wish I could afford to travel to Butte all the time and photograph, but alas, the life of an artist...
This weekend, I traveled to Kalispell to get Patrick's and my engagement photos taken for our save the dates and the newspaper. I also took a friend's engagement photos which I will post once I start editing. I started my second family book portraits by photographing my sister in Woodland Park....we'll see how those turn out. I also took my camera with us to Yellow Bay on Flathead Lake and it was the start of cherry season. The trees were bursting with fruit and so Katie and I climbed up into the trees at Penny's house on the lake and picked a flat of cherries. And I got some good photos...of course. I am considering making an in depth book on the cherry orchards on Flathead Lake (recipes, orchard history, etc)...we'll see. Off to bed, may inspiration come to me in my dreams. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment